
is what Atlasquest has become. It's just one big gigantic BORE.
It is filled with people asking questions they could have found the answer to just by clicking around the site or googling. But instead they clutter up the boards, usually the wrong one with a question that then generates a flurry or repetitious replies and silly comments.
If it's not boring, it's annoying. It's become the same old debates and arguements over and over and over. I have been guilty of getting caught up in this stupidity more often than I care to admit and I am sick of it. Frankly, I'm pretty bored with myself also. I recently put almost all the boards on 'ignore' so I will no longer be tempted to join in the drivel of round and round "conversations" that rarely accomplish much more than hurt feelings and stress.
Boring. Annoying. And the inmates seem to be in charge of the asylum.
The novelty (if there ever was any) wore off a long time ago. It's time to try and join the wise people who rarely post and just continue with our wonderful hobby avoiding all the crap and nonsense.
But wait, what will I find to bitch about? I'm sure there will be something!!
*Title of a novel by Ayn Rand
6 comments:
I'm willing to take suggestions to liven things up, but I'd rather have boring than mean-spirited, hate-filled posts. *shrug* As they say, no news is good news! =)
I think it's the natural evolution of a letterboxer. Once you've discussed every subject out there, there's not really much reason to keep at it. Maybe I should introduce more features you'll hate to keep your interest up. ;o)
-- Ryan
Hey, are you going to carve that image as a stamp?? Looking forward to seeing you in October!
I think it's the time of year - February blahs.
Ryan-
It often seems like you just sit and play with the site, adding things because being a computer geek, you like writing code and tweaking, whether the change has any real meaning or need. I'm assuming you don't consider "computer geek" an insult. And it wasn't meant to be.
But in sitting there and tweaking, I feel you have changed some of the basic aspects of our hobby, and not for the better. And that's what I (and lots of other people) hate.
I've had many private conversations with people who hate so many of the things you've done. If we really speak our minds all the time we risk the wrath of your fan club. And it's not worth the stress.
And On the rare occasions you "speak" to me you manage to insert sarcasm or some kind of snide remark and then stick in a little smily face or other emoticon to try temper it down to kidding around. You do a poor job of hiding mean spiritedness in your spiffy little remarks. You did it again with your comment here. You and I both know you couldn't care less if I go on AQ.
WH--I should carve it! Sounds like a letterbox to me!! lol
No, it's not the February blahs. It's been this way for a long time. At least that's my opinion.
Post a Comment