It has come to my attention that I was royally and hotly flammed on the LB Con Board for my opinions on The Monster Gathering in the heartland. I didn't know about it until today because I never look at the boards. I have no interest in them. Life is too short. If the flame came about because of the previous post on this blog, no one came here and expressed their opinion to me personally. It's a lot easier to flame me en masse where you have plenty of company to back you up instead of one on one. It's my blog, my opinions. Start a blog and it's your opinion. If it came about because of the private note that was sent to a member of the LB Con Committee, then shame on him for sharing that publically. I'd like to think it came about because of the public post rather than the sharing of private e-mail. I hope so.
Flames not withstanding, my opinion stands. And in the future if anyone wants to comment on the opinions expressed on my blog, feel free to do so..........here, and to me personally, not in effect behind my back where I may or may not see it. Don't assume that everyone looks at the bulletin boards. Frankly I think it's pretty cowardly to read a post here, not say anything "to my face" and then skulk away to the bulletin board to flame me. If I didn't welcome comments, I would disable the reader comment feature. It's not disabled. Feel free to click away. I will respond. I will not argue.
I express my opinions here rather than the bulletin boards for two reasons. I'm not interested in arguing in a roomful of people shouting at each other. This is an editorial blog. And the definition of an editorial is as follows:
"an article in a publication giving the opinion of its editors on a given topic or current event"
Do you see the words 'discussion' or 'arguement' there?
I also like to write. I like to write online. I have done so off and on for many years, before the word blog was ever invented. I am an opinionated person and I am passionate in those opinions. I am especially passionate about things I care about, and I care about letterboxing. I will not apologize for that.
And thanks for the fire. I'll get the marshmallows out.
No comments:
Post a Comment